Beading Art Works

When I was a young girl, I was fascinated with beading. I used to buy colorful beads in little plastic bags to make bracelets and necklaces for me and my school friends. I used to save all the money I could and instead of buying ice creams or going to the movies, when I had enough money to buy a packet of beads, I would run to the beads' shop.
My favorite bracelets were made by Africans who came to my hometown to sell in the local annual market. I remember they had awesome beading projects for sale. Off course my bracelets were simple, nothing compared to these Africans true beading art works. I never had the chance to buy one of their necklaces or bracelets, I preferred spending my money in the merry-go-rounds. I was just a kid but the beading bug was already inside me.
Nowadays, beading is a worldwide hobby. You can find many websites only dedicated to this topic.
If you enjoy beading, there´s a cool website that has Beaded Lanyards for sale. The nice thing about this project is they are a Fundraising Jewelry website. They have Lanyards in different colors and styles. They´re really cute, I´m sure my daughter wouldn´t mind having one of them.

2 comentários:

Mariuca said...

Hey Mize! It's so good to hear the joy in your voice! So happy to hear things are looking up for u after the big D! So u feel 10 years younger eh? He he! Have fun this weekend sweetie, enjoy your newfound freedom and bask in the glory! HUGS! :):):)

Mizé said...

Hi Marzie, nice to see you here :)
I´m a fighter, always looking to be positive about everything in my life.
Although I´m sensible, it´s not easy to put me down :)
The D was my choice, I though it over and over till I made my final choice. I musn´t regret it because it was me that broke up.
Thanks for your constant support dear! If you lived closer I would invite you over!
Enjoy your weekend too, Hugs xx