Music Monday II - Fire & Night

Hi everyone. I´m back with Music Monday.
Today I decided to post a Portuguese music. This music is called "Fogo e Noite" (Fire & Night), from "Toranja".
Toranja first hit was a music called "A Carta" (The Letter), which I also like.
In Youtube you´ll find several videos of Toranja.
You can also visit Toranja Website.
I like all their musics and I bought two CDs to hear them and learn the lyrics because on the radio they always put the same song, lol.
Tiago Bettencour is the singer, he recently started to play solo.
I had the chance to see Toranja live (outdoors summer concert) two years ago, in a city called "Olhão", here in Algarve. After the concert I started to like them even more.
I will post the lyrics in Portuguese because if I tried to translate it wouldn´t have the same meaning. Well, I hope you like it anyway:



Artist: Toranja
Song: Fogo e noite
Album: Esquissos

Lyrics:

Aconteceu...
e por me teres feito cego
recordo o sabor da tua pele
e a calor de uma tela
que pintámos sem pensar.
Ninguém perdeu,
e enquanto o ar foi escuro
despidos de passados
talvez de lados errados
conseguiste me encontrar.

Foi dança
foram corpos de aço
entre trastes de guitarras
que esqueceram amarras
e se amaram sem mostrar.
Foi fogo
que nos encontrou sozinhos
queimou a noite em volta
presos entre chama à solta
presos feitos para soltar...

Estava escrito
E o mundo só quis virar
a página que um dia se fez pesada

E o suor
que escorria no ar
no calor dos teus lábios
inocentes mas sábios...
no segredo do luar.
Não vai acabar
Vamos ser sempre paixão
Vamos ter sempre o olhar
ao nível de ninguém
Dei-te mais...! Valeu a pena voar...

Estava escrito
E a noite veio acordar
a guerra de sentidos travada num céu

Nem por um segundo largo a mão
da perfeição do teu desenho
e do teu gesto no meu...
foi como um sopro estranho...
...e aconteceu...

És fogo em mim,
És noite em mim.
És fogo em mim.



A good Monday!

4 comentários:

mjsterling said...

the music is good to the ear, but I don't understand it though hehe...anyway I'm here to give u a DROP...happy Monday!

Mizé said...

Hi.
Glad you liked the music.
I know, I know, no one understands portuguese, but I love them so much, I couldn´t resist.
Should I translate...not sure it will have the same meaning in English. What do you think?
Thanks for returning my drops and comments. A good Monday!

bonoriau said...

Thank you dropping by and leave comment at my site.

I always drop my EC here.

Great song and beautiful melody. Wish that I understand the lyric.

Mizé said...

Hi Bonoriau!
Thanks for your visit, comment, and frequent EC drops. They´re much appreciated.
Yeap, Toranja has great melodies and Lyrics. Wish you could understand it too, this song is so meaningful to me.
Cheers!