My Favorite European City Breaks: Barcelona


This summer my vacations will start in the first week of August, but there´s so many places to visit and things to do in the summer that sometimes it´s hard to decide where to go.
Sometimes we go to south Spain because it´s not far from where we live. I often go to Huelva, to shop and eat “Paelha”, but this year I´d like go to one of my favorite European city breaks: Barcelona.
Barcelona, the capital of the Catalonia region, is one of the most beautiful and animated Spanish touristic cities. Barcelona is a Mediterranean historical city, full of art treasures, located between the mountains and the sea. The region has warm whether and great facilities.
Barcelona has many attractions to visit but once I´m interested in their art and architectural patrimony I´d like to visit: The Picasso Museum, the Expiatory Temple of the Holy Family, Gaudi's Guell Park, La Rambla (the shopping area), Montjuïc hill and the Magical Fountain, Olympic Stadium and the National Museum of Catalan´s Art. Before leaving I would like to visit the Dali-Theatre Museum, in Figueres, a village near by the city in which Salvador Dali was born.
So, with so much to see, I had to stay in Barcelona at least one week but I can assure it would be worthy. Barcelona is one of the best European City Breaks and it´s food and art patrimony are unforgettable.

0 comentários: