Internet Security Tool: SurfRecon Filter Software



Since my daughter started using the internet I often think about security and parenting control features to filter and avoid her access to innapropriate content.
Differently from what we can think, internet filters cannot filter everything. A recent US Government study ( http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15721799/ ) concluded that even the best filters could only block 91% of adult websites, leaving 9% or more unfiltered.
Recently, I came across a tool, called SurfRecon, that allows users to detect pornography images on a computer, which is an excellent addition to an internet filter.
SurfRecon is an easy to use tool that allows you to actively scan a computer system whenever you want to check it. This tool´s Home Edition can be downloaded directly to your computer or purchased pre-installed on a thumb drive.
If you are interested in trying SurfRecon, you can see a video demonstration or download an evaluation copy of the software for free. You can also purchase SurfRecon in the website store.

3 comentários:

Angie Atkinson said...

Oh this is good information! My oldest son is eleven, and my five year old uses the computer too. I just have the PC in the middle of the main part of the house so I can watch them, and of course limit their time--but I like the idea of extra protection. Great post!

John Smith said...

I have created a Increase Your Backlinks Contest. All your bloggers are welcome to join the movement. If you are interested in joining please let me know by commenting on the post.

Here is the contest

Sincerely,
-John Smith

Mizé said...

Hi Angie.
Thanks for your visit, comment and compliment.
I realised I need extra protection when my daughter typed words (Barbie toys and others) in G. and found weird adult stuff.
Last year, in University, I had the chance to participate in a conference about Internet Security for Kids that "opened my eyes" to internet danger she´s exposed to if I don´t provide any solutions.
If things develop like in recent years, maybe one day this type of software comes with all PCs for free, lol.
I´m happy that you´re Night Clicks follower. If you have time, check out my other blogs too.
Cheers!