Learning SEM

SEM stands for Search Engine Marketing. It´s a form of Internet Marketing that covers two major areas: gaining traffic to a website trough Search Engine Optimization techniques and paid search advertising.
In sum, SEM can be described as the process of increasing a website´s visibility in search engine result pages (SERPs). In one of my previous post, I mentioned that I was trying to learn more about SEM, specially the first area which includes SEO efforts. My initial goal was to improve my art blog advertising revenue and I can report now that I achieved that goal early this year.
My first focus was editing content to increase the blog´s main keywords density. Then, I replaced the blog´s meta tags using the same keywords. I created this html code in a free meta tag generator provided by a free resources section of a SEO website. My last focus was increasing back links. My "do it yourself" efforts worked because after the changes I described above the blog´s traffic increased around 20% as well as the advertising revenue.
As you know, I´m not a professional in this area, I´m just a curious blogger trying to learn more. If you´re looking for professional services, you can contract a search marketing agency or check the services they offer browsing a few websites. The link in this post is one such company.
According to Wikipedia, "SEO may target different kinds of search, including image search, local search, video search and industry-specific vertical search engines. This gives a website web presence."
My next task is learning more on how to optimize images and apply the technique in my blogs. I already read a few articles about this topic but still have a few of questions. Will need to get back to it and research more.

0 comentários: